FOUNDATION

St. Xavier's School was established by the Society of Jesus, Founded by St. Ignaius of Loyola in 1540, and is named after St. Francis Xavier, a Jesuit Saint of the 16th century, who traveled to India.


St. Xavier's is a Christian Minority School, established in 1966 at the invitation of Bokaro Steel Plant. The Plant felt the necessity of a shool in Bokaro Steel City where the children of their employees could be taught up to the Higher Secondary or its equivalent stage through the medium of English and so invited Xaviers Hazaribagh Association to undertake the opening and running of such a shool. The school opened on 18 July 1966.

MANAGEMENT

In 1996 the ownership and management of the School was transferred to Hazaribag Jesuits Education Society, a Society registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860, XXI-192 of 2005-2006 and a Charitable Trust registered under Section 12A of the Income Tax Act 1961, Reg. No. VIII-39/1996-97. This is the legal title of the section of the Society of Jesus working in education mainly in the Districts of Hazaribag, Bokaro, Koderma, Society of Jesus are known popularly as 'Jesuits'. They manage educational and other service institutions throughout India and the rest of the world.
While the Jesuits manage St. Xavier's, Bokaro Steel City, they enjoy the collaboration of the Sisters of the Franciscan Clarist Congregation.

Members Of School Managing Committee

Fr. George Thomas S.J.
President
Fr. Tom Keogh S.J.
Secretary
Fr. P. J. James S.J.
Principal
Sr. Grace Mathew F.C.C.
Governing Body Representative
Mr. Debasish Gupta
Staff Representative